BMW i Vision Dynamics concept - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

BMW i Vision Dynamics concept

We finally got first photos of the i Vision Dynamics concept and I have to say that it's one of the most beautiful concepts I've ever seen. It reminds the robot from that movie Wall-E lol. What do you guys think about it?

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 AM

I wouldn't call it the most beautiful concept ever, especially not with that kidney grille. Everything else looks great aside from that weird and overly extended nose portion. I understand the idea of an enclosed grille, but that shape seems off.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Agree, but at the same time, I like that BMW's designers are not afraid to experiment with their EV style. Overall, this model looks pretty good as a sedan and I'd love to see it as a coupe. I think it can be a huge success for BMW's future.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-real View Post
Agree, but at the same time, I like that BMW's designers are not afraid to experiment with their EV style. Overall, this model looks pretty good as a sedan and I'd love to see it as a coupe. I think it can be a huge success for BMW's future.
Agree.

Its BMW's new chance to bring some new design DNA that they couldn't have done as easily with other models. Not that easy when very rarely they come out with new cars. After all look at all the segments they have helped to create in the luxury car game.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Speaking of BMW EVs, how do you like the new i8 from the LA Auto Show? I like that it comes with a hardtop and a soft top, also their improved engine and battery pack with the total output to 374hp looks impressive to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg la-1512158532-9tbfbp5elo-snap-image.jpg (171.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1129-bmwi8-9072-1.jpg (918.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 1129-bmwi8-9093-1.jpg (904.8 KB, 2 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-real View Post
Speaking of BMW EVs, how do you like the new i8 from the LA Auto Show? I like that it comes with a hardtop and a soft top, also their improved engine and battery pack with the total output to 374hp looks impressive to me.
It's great for the fact is a spyder since the i8's performance was less that mediocre. Its essentially a cool looking GT car where its sporty looks have been deceiving. First glance you'd think its a high performance coupe, but no. Now this Spyder model greater highlights on what it serves well as.... a GT car.

Thank god a BMW 8-Series is coming out soon for those that want real performance.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 01:31 PM

I actually prefer the older i8 model with that curve in the rear haunches, gives it a unique look though some people were not a fan.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:30 PM

I guess what they did was necessary for the spyder model, if a change in design can benefit both the spyder and coupe then it makes a lot of sense. What will matter most is what potential owners think, doubt they won't like this change enough to not buy the new i8

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page