First sketch of iNext concept released - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

First sketch of iNext concept released

BMW has just shown off the first sketch of the next electric model to join their lineup. The iNext will be an electric crossover that should hit the market by 2021. Using BMW's fifth generation of battery tech, they have said that it should be capable of 700km per charge. It will also be equipped with the latest in semi autonomous driving tech.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:44 PM

I wonder if this will basically be an electrified version of the X2. Does BMW really think they can nearly double the range that's going to be offered on the iX3?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Well it won't be the first time automakers fail to deliver on their promises and I'm not expecting a range of 700km per charge. Even the Tesla P100D doesn't have that much range and they're pretty much the leaders in range while everyone else is catching up. It'll be a nice surprise if this is true, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

I suppose it is capable of getting more range than the Tesla, solely on the fact that battery technology will surely improve before 2021. I do think that 700km might be a little optimistic, but even if it can manage 500km, that will be plenty for a crossover. Looks like we might still be a few years out before we see what sort of autonomous system BMW plans on using.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Essentially the bigger the vehicle the more range it will need due to lifestyles of the demographics buying it. Even just from the perspective of what a vehicle in that segment should serve, its a requirement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page