BMW 3 series EV spied - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

BMW 3 series EV spied

Some new spy photos just released, which showcases a test mule of the upcoming electric 3 series. There have been some modest changes to the headlights and taillights, as well as a different kidney grille and possibly a longer wheelbase. Its a safe bet that this is far from the production model however, as its still got exhaust ports.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Do we think there is a chance that BMW will be placing sound generators on this model? Personally I think with all the electrics coming the segment in the next few years that automakers are going to have to start finding ways to make theirs unique.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 06:03 PM

I don't think they should because a sedan like this targets a demographic that mostly cars about getting from A-to-B rather than to enjoy it as an enthusiast.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Until we start seeing electrified M variants, I don't really know how necessary that feature will be. I know there have been talks about incorporating a standard noise for safety reasons at lower speeds for all EV's.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 10:47 PM

I don't think its needed. Slowly the 3 Series is becoming some Camry/Accord of BMW's line up. They just need to make it suit the general public and that comes down to a quiet ride.

Last edited by greenbeam; 08-26-2018 at 10:50 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 02:15 PM

I guess with vehicle to vehicle communication it wont really be mandatory for safety reasons. And I agree that it's probably something we have a higher chance of seeing on their performance variants. Probably going to be quite awhile before we see those offered on any EV models.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page