BMW i4 rendered - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

BMW i4 rendered

BMW has said that their next EV will be using a much more conventional design than that of the i3. While their first electric was meant to differentiate itself from ICE models, we've seen that trend has shifted with newer electrics. AutoExpress just dropped a rendering of what this toned down model could look like.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 12:49 PM

Ever since seeing the new X7 and its hideous front grille I developed a new hate for BMW's design and its not something i want to see on the i4.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:24 AM

This looks more or less identical to the Vision Dynamics concept and I don't know how realistic it is to think that BMW will offer this in the production model. I would like to see a larger differentiation from their ICE offerings, but chances are they will be prioritizing keeping costs down.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryton View Post
This looks more or less identical to the Vision Dynamics concept and I don't know how realistic it is to think that BMW will offer this in the production model. I would like to see a larger differentiation from their ICE offerings, but chances are they will be prioritizing keeping costs down.
That concept was also a design study for the brand as a whole so expect to see more of it on mainstream ICE models and not just EV's and possibly hybrids.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

If the new 3 series is any indication of what BMW would like to do with their sedans, then we might be seeing a lot of changes with the electric variants. They don't need to do anything as drastic as the i3 or i8, but some original designs are long overdue.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM

the 3 series was a great platform for testing buy interest in an xxxe model and that has been playing out well so far, already a 5 series version came to market.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 09:53 AM

I actually like the bold design of the i3 and I would be very interested in it at the right price and with a bigger battery. I would like to see them continue with more original designs, once it becomes cost effective to do so. Right now its a race to deliver the most affordable and practical models.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:48 PM

i3 and i8 kicked off the 'i' design direction and the DNA we'll see going forward, much like what we've been seeing of other BMW products in recent times.
for me the most exciting will be if an i8 successor gets smoother lines like the new 8-series.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeam View Post
i3 and i8 kicked off the 'i' design direction and the DNA we'll see going forward, much like what we've been seeing of other BMW products in recent times.
for me the most exciting will be if an i8 successor gets smoother lines like the new 8-series.
BMW is considering a next generation i8. As the brands flagship "green" car it should sport some of the latest in "i" brand design.

the following test mule has been spotted a few time already...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

I do hope that BMW updates the pure electric range of the next gen model and hopefully they can make some adjustments to the pricing. The Roadster variant is an eye watering $16k option.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page