iNext winter testing - BMW EV Hub Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

iNext winter testing

Some new spy shots of a prototype iNext have made their way online. Its been 6 months since we first saw their Vision iNext Concept and we are already seeing a much more traditional look with this latest prototype. The suicide doors are gone and the side mirrors have been mounted to its doors rather than the A-pillar which is something BMW doesn't really do.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:41 PM

BMW really needs to show us how these electric versions perform in winter compared to existing ICE models.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 01:20 PM

Doesn't seem like we will be getting any of those futuristic concepts in production models. I knew that BMW will be making the necessary changes to make it more practical to build, but they are losing all of the design cues that made their i series models unique. Perhaps this test mule is just using a shell from another ICE model to test the new electric powertrain?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:43 PM

For these more attainable models that won't be the case but as BMW releases higher end and even flagship products we should see more concept-like features.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Often they just reuse shells to prevent leaked spy photos prior to official reveals. It looks like this test mule is still sporting exhaust pipes so that could very well be the case here. The one aspect of these electric modes that they should change is the front fascia/grille setup. No real need for that airflow and cooling.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:06 PM

Its hard to confirm that from what I realized unless its a video we're seeing where some characteristics of the vehicle can be picked up on, exhaust note being one of them. Which at that point any knowledgeable person can figure out what's off or how much of it is the real deal. Aside from that its our best guess.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Here is a better look at those exhaust ports, though its hard to tell whether or not they are fake. Any ideas as to what those lights are on the rear bumper? I'm guessing they are just temporary to prevent showing off the shape/design of the production lamps.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post

Here is a better look at those exhaust ports, though its hard to tell whether or not they are fake. Any ideas as to what those lights are on the rear bumper? I'm guessing they are just temporary to prevent showing off the shape/design of the production lamps.
I don't know of any law that requires lighting in those areas.
My guess is its to throw people off. I could be wrong, maybe the road rules in certain areas actually require this. We'll never know.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:12 PM

I'm surprised that everyone didn't notice the covered up tails... its because of that they have to include some safety related rear lighting.
Philip likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil415 View Post
I'm surprised that everyone didn't notice the covered up tails... its because of that they have to include some safety related rear lighting.
Just noticing that myself now too.
This is great news as it means BMW isn't doing cookie cutter designs.
If they have to cover up an area as much as that, its a clear sign we're getting a new tail light design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page