BMW unveils next-gen 4 Series - forming the basis of the i4. - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

BMW unveils next-gen 4 Series - forming the basis of the i4.

BMW unveiled its next-generation 4 Series at this year's Frankfurt Auto Show and according to BMW it will form the basis of 4 Series and i4.

Quote:
The new concept, designed as 85% production ready, shows how BMW is intending to give the Audi A5 Coupé rival a far more distinctive identity from the 3 Series on which it’s based, with a more ‘emotional and dynamic’ design that emphasises performance.

The Concept 4 Series signals a change in how BMW is applying its flexible vehicle architecture, with combustion engine and electric models based on similar platforms. The firm says the concept previews the "4 Series range", indicating it will form the basis of both the 4 Series and i4.

The front is dominated by a large new interpretation of the firm’s kidney grille, featuring a more vertical design that BMW says was inspired by the grille from the 328 coupé of the 1930s. The grille features raised elements in it, to give a three-dimensional effect.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...4-bold-concept

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 08:38 PM

Can't wait to see the production version. BMW did well with the X7, even with the massive grille. This shouldn't be a problem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page