BMW i3 Recall - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

BMW i3 Recall

Every i3 sold in the States since the model was first introduced is being recalled and there's a stop sale order in place. The reason for this is an odd one IMO. According to Road Show,
Quote:
women in the fifth percentile of body size (approximately 5 feet tall and weighing 110 pounds) are slightly more likely to suffer a neck injury during a frontal collision if they're not wearing their seatbelt.
But you can just as well wear a seatbelt...
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 09:43 AM

That's the most ridiculous recall I've ever heard. As I know seatbelts are mandatory in 49 out of 50 states, but still BMW have to recall approximately 30,542 cars, because people don't want to follow the rules?? I wonder how BMW is planning to fix this problem.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-real View Post
That's the most ridiculous recall I've ever heard. As I know seatbelts are mandatory in 49 out of 50 states, but still BMW have to recall approximately 30,542 cars, because people don't want to follow the rules?? I wonder how BMW is planning to fix this problem.
Its more for the fact this small factor in the cars overall safety throws it slightly out of what regulation allows. This recall is good for BMW's own good alone but I hope this won't discourage smaller women from buying BMW's, it brings into question how good or bad other BMW's do compared to what else can be bought right now for a similar price.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page