Fiskers <$40k electric SUV - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Fiskers <$40k electric SUV

It seems like Fisker may be trying to re-establish themselves in the EV segment with a new SUV. Powered by an electric motor on each axel, this electric crossover has an estimated 300 mile range. They've always had some sleek looking designs imo and I think this styling is on trend. They claim it will arrive for less than $40,000.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:13 PM

Fisker has always made good looking cars, but build quality on the Karma was pretty horrendous. Hoping that's changed for their new upcoming models, as this could be a great entry level option if they can deliver it at this price.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:23 PM

Been a big fan of the Karma's design compared to all other EV's out at the time and still till this day. It sure beats out Tesla's. However what i'm seeing here takes after JLR products too much.
Fisker needs to remain original.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Since they have yet to secure a proper manufacturing facility, I just wonder if its feasible for them to even develop a new EV at this price. Unless they have secured external funding of some kind and plan on outsourcing a lot of the components.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:51 PM

Its rare to find companies like this completely disclose all the financials they're dealing with but I can assure you, with the current EV landscape, its easier to secure capital on mass produced products like this than anything else Fisker released since inception.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM

Tell that to Faraday Future, though I have heard they just secured a new deal with a Chinese company. With so many of their key members already gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose controlling interest in the process.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Tell that to Faraday Future, though I have heard they just secured a new deal with a Chinese company. With so many of their key members already gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose controlling interest in the process.
Its just too many red flags. Mind you, we're on a board based around a well established brand that's set to sell in the same segments.

BMW takes priority for now. Faraday has proving to do before I consider them.

Can they get back on track???

Quote:
Sputtering EV startup Faraday Future announced Monday that a $225 million cash infusion will get them back on track to produce electric cars they've been promising for years now. Will it happen? Faraday's future has been tough to predict.

Puns aside, Faraday Future's five-year existence has been a tangle of cool concepts, funding rounds, CEO foibles, false starts, worker furloughs and management staff departures. Founded in California and backed by Chinese funding in April of 2014, the company targeted both Tesla's high-end Model S and China's burgeoning EV market. The company revealed a Speed Racer-worthy concept car, the FFZERO1 Concept, to considerable fanfare at the 2016 CES tech fair. A year later, a more rational but still impressive sport sedan, the FF 91, debuted again at CES. Interest was high.
Bad PR on top of bad PR...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Faraday will just need backing like what Rivian received from Ford and some other company that propelled them over $1B in funding.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:32 PM

While that might be true @ChargedI01 , their priority is China (as you will see in the news) and due the trade war might not get investment from U.S. firms if my assumption is right. Instead it will come from others around the globe. Won't be surprised if its some Saudi wealth fund or something with hundreds of millions to throw around.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeam View Post
While that might be true @ChargedI01 , their priority is China (as you will see in the news) and due the trade war might not get investment from U.S. firms if my assumption is right. Instead it will come from others around the globe. Won't be surprised if its some Saudi wealth fund or something with hundreds of millions to throw around.
I have noticed the boom China has been in even outside of the automotive industry.
Crazy to think they've come this far meanwhile other countries that were leading fell behind. Could it impact our EV options in the future? A lack of competition can mean less to choose from and less innovation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page