BMW EV Competiton - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

BMW EV Competiton

Currently, EV market is occupied by Tesla cars. They are having the biggest share of the whole market. However, there are other competitors who can stay on the way of BMW in this EV race. I found the nice graph showing who participated in the US EV carmakers race.
Tesla Model S is a leader of the parade with 29,421 units sold in 2016. Model X took the second place with 17,129 cars sold. On the third place, we have probably one of the most important competitors for BMW i3-Nissan Leaf. It has 14,006 units sold, which is 6 thousand more than BMW i3 had. Fiat 500e is also pushing BMW i3 in the back with 5,330 vehicles sold.
Attached Images
File Type: png [email protected] (114.9 KB, 3 views)
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 PM

Just like how BMW is known for performance, Tesla is known for electric vehicles. That's their product and people trust in that brand for that, so BMW may never unseat them from the top. But it could overtake the Nissan leaf if one of their EV models are priced right.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Just like how BMW is known for performance, Tesla is known for electric vehicles. That's their product and people trust in that brand for that, so BMW may never unseat them from the top. But it could overtake the Nissan leaf if one of their EV models are priced right.
That's such a vague response and shows a lack of knowledge in the brand on things that can be picked up on easily just from face value. Tesla's are semi-luxury higher performing EV's and once BMW and other car makers release their own EV of similar caliber then the challenge will be on. Why might BMW never unseat them?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

In my opinion, BMW can potentially unseat Tesla from the EV throne, however, it will take some time and efforts, cause as for now Tesla is undisputed EV market leader.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Tesla is having production and reliability problems if what I'm hearing from the news these days is true. So BMW just needs to come out with performance EVs or affordable ones that looks nice and they could give Tesla a run for their money. Perhaps start by making the i8 full electric?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Tesla is having production and reliability problems if what I'm hearing from the news these days is true. So BMW just needs to come out with performance EVs or affordable ones that looks nice and they could give Tesla a run for their money. Perhaps start by making the i8 full electric?
Didn't know that Tesla has any production? In what part of production do they have a problem?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 01:53 PM

Whether its true or not, Tesla said its to do with suppliers not meeting deadlines. In a way I believe it for the fact Tesla has built a robust and world class production facility.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page