How to order EV model? - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

How to order EV model?

As for now, we have only two EV BMW models in the market, it's i3 and i8, which you can easily order from their official website. But in the end of 2025 BMW is planning to have 12 electric cars in their lineup.
Anyways, my question is how long it usually takes to get an i3 model if you order it only? I've heard a few negative reviews about BMW shipping services, want to know whether it's true or not.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 06:26 PM

I heard that waiting for new models can take longer than originally promised and not all dealers are great with customer service in those situations. it just eats up a lot of time.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 09:17 AM

There are a lot of factors that play into how long it takes for a certain buyer to take delivery. What we have seen with a lot of the newer EV's coming to market is that they are order online only. Automakers are moving away from the traditional dealer model with future vehicles.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 PM

I recall i3 demo's showing up quick and dealers turning them over often enough to minimize losses or not to incur them at all. If you're open to going that direction it might be a faster way to own than waiting on one to your spec. That's of course if BMW follows the same process, especially with dealers local to you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 AM

If you look at what's been done with the new E-Tron, Audi has already said that they wont be stocking any models at their dealerships. Don't know how people could buy into a brand new platform without at least taking a test drive. I know that's also been the case for a lot of Tesla owners.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
If you look at what's been done with the new E-Tron, Audi has already said that they wont be stocking any models at their dealerships. Don't know how people could buy into a brand new platform without at least taking a test drive. I know that's also been the case for a lot of Tesla owners.
When you're already familiar with a brand its easy to justify buying a new version without even seeing it. Its like how people pre-order smartphones before testing it in person.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeam View Post
When you're already familiar with a brand its easy to justify buying a new version without even seeing it. Its like how people pre-order smartphones before testing it in person.
The point Titus brought up holds true even with your reply because these BMW EV's are completely new.
Its not like getting a new 3-Series or 5-Series. These are completely new products.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:21 PM

I guess you're right but BMW has an obligation to stick to its brand values and what its commonly know for. Its why Toyota has been so hesitant with EV's.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page