WhatCar i3 Review - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

WhatCar i3 Review

Hey guys,

The best review I've found so far is "WhatCar?". As always they do a review of each and every aspect of the car, starting from driving and finishing with cost and their verdict. I really like an idea of doing a separate video for each section of the review. Check it out, guys!

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Its a good review to anyone new to the i3 but give the fact so many are on the road already its best to look for reviews from owners. Reviews like this only do so much for us. If you haven't gone though the spec sheet then it will be of value.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:24 PM

Well seeing as how BMW is discontinuing the i3 and replacing it with an EV SUV, I wonder what current owners plan on doing over the next few years. The rumored ix3 is supposed to launch by 2020 and I wonder how long they plan on supporting the i3 afterwards. With 11 new EV's reportedly on the way by 2025, there will be plenty of electric beamers to choose from.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Well seeing as how BMW is discontinuing the i3 and replacing it with an EV SUV, I wonder what current owners plan on doing over the next few years. The rumored ix3 is supposed to launch by 2020 and I wonder how long they plan on supporting the i3 afterwards. With 11 new EV's reportedly on the way by 2025, there will be plenty of electric beamers to choose from.
EV's like these really start paying for themselves years down the road so those looking for the latest in tech will be upgrading without question and you can already guess who won't be. What will be more interesting is how prices of used i3's fluctuate as those new BMW EV's come out. Do you think the i3 will hold its value well?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:46 PM

The i3 is great if you're not too concerned about range and only drive around the city. At which point, the range-topping i3s may be the better option with its sportier handling. But it's not really for me until the range hits that 200 mile per charge benchmark. Once BMW comes out with longer range electric models, I'm expecting the i3 resale value to tank hard.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:09 PM

Yeah I think that's the one aspect of electrics that no one is talking about, resale value. There just wont be a used car market, where people will have any interest in buying outdated electrics, with old technology and poor performance. Unless some third party company comes along that allows owners to make upgrades to their electric car, I see old models becoming relatively worthless. Perhaps automakers should consider a trade in incentive as you likely wont make any money selling privately.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 10:48 PM

Well depending on how things go we could be seeing these EV's being in circulation much longer than cars with combustion engines due to the fact they aren't nearly as complicated and in turn can result in cheap maintenance costs even on a high mileage EV.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page