It's getting serious - BMW EV Hub Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By B-real

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

It's getting serious

UK's government just introduced a bill to make EV charging stations mandatory for big gas stations. It seems like we finally stepping into the future of electric vehicles.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 11:49 PM

I remember seeing some proposals by EV charging companies on models that directly play into this and it was a matter of time till this happened. At some point governments have to step in, glad to see that they're doing it now. Maybe we'll see the same required with parkades unless they just provide an incentive to having EV charging parking spots.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

I just found out that here in Canada, we have the advantage to drive in carpool line as an incentive for EV alongside with the discount of $13,000-$14,000. I really respect the government for such things and hope they won't stop encouraging people to buy EVs.
greenbeam likes this.

Last edited by B-real; 11-09-2017 at 01:35 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-real View Post
I just found out that here in Canada, we have the advantage to drive in carpool line as an incentive for EV alongside with the discount of $13,000-$14,000. I really respect the government for such things and hope they won't stop encouraging people to buy EVs.
There will come a time when they stop providing incentives for buying EV's aside from things they can't take away like special lanes, but you can expect cash incentives to go away as the table turns and people buy EV's because its cheaper than anything gasoline. But at the same time cheaper EV's will be out by then so the market will be far easier to get in than it is now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page