i4 EV based off the i Vision Dynamics concept - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

i4 EV based off the i Vision Dynamics concept

Straight from BMW themselves, the new BMW i4 will be based on the i Vision Dynamics concept. Harald Kruger, Chairman of the Board of Management at BMW, said at the Geneva MNotor Show; “At last year’s Frankfurt Motor Show, we unveiled our take on the future of e‑mobility with the BMW iVision Dynamics. This vehicle will become reality: we will build it in Munich – as the BMW i4.”

For those who don't remember what it looked like, here's a refresher of the concept vehicle.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:04 PM

It's a really cool looking concept and I hope that BMW doesn't stray too far from its original design, although I have a feeling we'll see a more traditional grille. If its concept specs are anything to go off, it looks like this will be quite the rival for the Tesla Model S. Not sure what the odds are of it delivering on a 373 mile range, but time will tell.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:21 PM

I hope it comes to market because of all EV's to come out it will be the best performing BMW EV that the average person can buy, much like the gasoline models sold right now.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 02:17 PM

I'm not sure that BMW EV's are being made for the average person, as there are plenty of cheaper options available from other brands. I think that BMW and Mercedes will separate themselves from the rest of the segment by offering more luxurious options than whats currently being offered by the likes of Chevy, Nissan or Hyundai.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

It could do without that odd kidney grille, but everything else looks great, especially the narrow headlights that gives it an aggressive look. If it wasn't lacking engine noise and exhaust pipes, you wouldn't even know the concept was an electric car.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:08 PM

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what sort of sound generators that BMW chooses to put in their lineup. I wonder if they will be different across models or if we will have the ability to choose amongst various settings.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 01:04 PM

Looking at renderings out there I found the one below which is a great example of what BMW can bring to market. They don't need to go all cookie cutter with every i-series model but taking a slightly different approach every step of the way might be a good idea. you can already see how that's the case here:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 03:09 PM

I like that rendering a lot and I think the changes are subtle enough that it will still appeal to BMW enthusiasts. I was hoping that those really unique angled headlights would make it through, but that's probably unrealistic.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I like that rendering a lot and I think the changes are subtle enough that it will still appeal to BMW enthusiasts. I was hoping that those really unique angled headlights would make it through, but that's probably unrealistic.
Well if there is any model to debut new headlights on it will be an entirely new EV that can sell at big volume. Plus remember, this is not only an EV but a high-tech vehicle that has to live up to those expectations.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 01:24 PM

I really hope that BMW can deliver these new high tech EV's at an affordable entry price. I think for that reason alone, we may not see a lot of variation from their ICE models, to save on the first generation production costs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page