BMW iX3 Concept Teased for Beijing - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

BMW iX3 Concept Teased for Beijing

BMW will be showcasing the newest concept version of the iX3 at the Beijing Auto Show next month. It looks like they have redesigned the front grille in their latest model, which is a good indication that there may be other changes as well. Not a huge fan of the new wheels, but that'll probably change prior to production.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:27 PM

I'll need to see that grille zoomed out to see how well it fits onto the iX3's bumper. This is a big step for BMW to move away from their iconic kidney grille into something resembling a set of nostrils. At this point I highly doubt we'll see either in the production model.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I'll need to see that grille zoomed out to see how well it fits onto the iX3's bumper. This is a big step for BMW to move away from their iconic kidney grille into something resembling a set of nostrils. At this point I highly doubt we'll see either in the production model.
I really want to say it will resemble some of the popular renderings on this forum and on BMW blogs but those reflect design language closer to the i3 and i8, here it seems a revise version of BMW's EV design language will launch. Hopefully its a rounder design and not so squared.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Here it is in its full glory. Have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the design, as I thought it would look a lot more like the traditional X3. Unfortunately it looks like its specs are lagging behind what's already on the market.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM

As long as the front end keeps those proportions then i'll be more likely to buy. BMW did a terrible job with the X7 which is a shame since its the brands new flagship!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:36 AM

I'm just glad to see that BMW is moving away from the quirky styling that debuted on the i3. If there is anything that newer EV's have proven, its that they don't need to be vastly different looking to generate interest.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page