BMW iX3 Revealed - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

BMW iX3 Revealed

BMW unveils their new all-electric iX3 SUV and it looks pretty normal compared to the normal i3 or i8. Just a different grille and a bit of blue accent trim that may not even make it into production as a standard feature. Something I'd be interested in if the car really can deliver the claimed 250 miles on a single charge.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 07:45 PM

I just hope what we get come time for production models to roll out that the electric version doesn't have body panels and parts that are so special that it impacts our insurance rates by a concerning amount. The more it can share parts with regular X3 models the better off we will be. How much of the above design do you think we will get?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Probably a similar grille and the blue trim. I think insurance would go down with electric wouldn't they, so long as the standard safety features are up to spec. Don't think body panels has to do with the final cost.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:41 PM

I would also think that insurance rates would be cheaper on electrics, as most of them are coming standard with advanced driving assist technology. I was really hoping that BMW was going to follow in the footsteps of Kia's Niro EV and remove the grille altogether. Similar to what we saw in the i Vision Dynamics concept.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:13 PM

If insurance rates get cheaper then it might have something to do with car maker influence, as long as its impacting their bottom line then they will have a hand in how that plays out. No other way around it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeam View Post
If insurance rates get cheaper then it might have something to do with car maker influence, as long as its impacting their bottom line then they will have a hand in how that plays out. No other way around it.
Maybe, you are right and if insurance rates get cheaper then it might have something to do with car maker influence. Especially for me, it is very important to be sure first of all in your insurance company. I have been looking for a while for an insurance company that would be professional, reliable, with reasonable prices, that can offer all the range of insurances one might think of, but also with proven experience on the market and positive feedbacks from its the customer. These criteria helped me find the Money Expert. I am very pleased with the company and the services it provides. Quality and price-wise, I believe money expert is the best there is out there. But don't take my word for granted, check it yourself.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 10:05 AM

The iX3 will make its world debut on July 14!

https://www.bimmerevclub.com/forum/9....html#post7338

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page