BMW updates 7 Series PHEV - BMW EV Hub Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

BMW updates 7 Series PHEV

Some new tidbits have just come around the recently update plug in hybrid 7 series. The 745e has not only been given some extra power under the hood (394hp) but it also gets more pure electric range. They estimate it will be capable of 34-36 miles under the WLTP and combined fuel consumption is between 123-141mpg. For the first time it also comes with the standard 8spd Steptronic Sport transmission. https://evfleetworld.co.uk/bmw-7-ser...d-performance/
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:58 AM

Great feat to finally get these big sedans within a mileage range that's inline with smaller vehicles.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM

Looks like the new model also has a higher top speed in pure electric models, with the top speed maxing out at 87mph. I like the idea of the new charging station forecast and I think that should become standard equipment. Knowing how many empty slots there are at a given location could save you valuable time.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Looks like the new model also has a higher top speed in pure electric models, with the top speed maxing out at 87mph. I like the idea of the new charging station forecast and I think that should become standard equipment. Knowing how many empty slots there are at a given location could save you valuable time.
I agree.
It was one of my biggest concerns with Tesla's that get beaten on races longer than a 1/4 mile. Eventually people will be tracking these and having performance that's better than ICE engines in every way is the ONLY way to convince the masses.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

We are a long way off from having trackable electric cars. Even in motorsports, there has yet to be a performance EV that can properly regulate the battery temperature for longer runs. Going to have to wait on the next evolution in thermal management, whatever that may be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page